Measurement, research, analytics and decisioning
Our data, analytics and services help enhance your decisioning, providing avenues for customer-led innovation and targeted policies and support.
Seymour Consulting has over five years’ of trended data on the financial health, wellness and resilience of Canadians and bank customers from our national independent Financial Well-Being Studies. This measures the financial well-being of Canadians across many dimensions, and the impact of financial wellness (and financial stress) on people’s overall personal well-being. The studies also measure and track the extent to which Canadians rate their primary Financial Institution for helping to improve their financial wellness, along with many consumer and financial behaviours, financial and debt stressors and sentiments, pandemic impacts on households and more.
The Seymour Financial Resilience Index TM, launched in 2020, accompanies our wider Financial Well-Being studies dataset. This enables Canadian financial institutions and other organizations to understand, measure and track the financial resilience of their prospective and existing customers, prospects and communities at the national, provincial, segment and individual household level. This way they can more accurately predict their resilience to future financial stressors and shocks as a result of unplanned life events or future economic disruptions. The index and data also highlights many opportunities for FIs and other organizations to support their customers, including from the products, services, advice, tools and delivery perspective.
This enables unique and forward-looking three-dimensional view of consumer households, customers and borrowers, that go beyond their financial assets, product holdings, credit score or other traditional risk measures.
Customized research analytics can also be provided by Seymour Consulting, as well as financial resilience scoring combines with independent SFRI TM benchmark data, offering a powerful complement to financial institutions’ customer, transactional, risk and behavioural data. This can help inform more targeted credit and risk decisioning and strategies. It also supports more targeted marketing and customer experience innovation, new product and service development, customer relationship management and advice, for an array of use cases.
We also offer financial resilience measurement and scoring of bank, credit union and other organizations’ customers on an individual client-scoring basis, based on your organizations needs, impact goals and priorities.
By working with us your organization can:
- Access the Seymour Financial Resilience Index TM and/or Financial Well-Being studies, toolkits and expertise: for insights, measurement and longitudinal tracking on your customers’ financial vulnerability and resilience and financial well-being at the national, provincial, segment and individual household levels
- Understand your customers’ and prospects’ changing consumer and financial health behaviours, needs and pain points, and how these vary by customer segment, lifestage/ by demographics and for your target markets;
- Lever insights and longitudinal research to identify strategies and tactics to enhance advice provision, products, services, tools and support for customers, while enhancing your organization’s value proposition and brand differentiation;
- Understand your organization’s effectiveness at supporting your customers’ financial wellness, also compared to non-customers and competitor FI organizations;
- Create customized enterprise financial health and wellness strategy development: while tracking new indicators and measures for success that can be incorporated into your organization’s tracking and scorecards;
- Measure and improve the financial wellness of your customers and employees, including the linkage to their personal well-being such as physical and emotional health, lost productivity, isolation, relationships and community well-being, and to your brand’s health and share of wallet.
- Develop customized proprietary financial health, wellness or resilience models levering reported and transactional data.
- Develop Employee financial health/ wellness measurement and employee financial health strategy development.
- Accelerate Small business financial health measurement and strategy, including for different types of businesses and business owners.
- Accelerate and target your new product and service development to support your target customers’ financial wellness.
Please contact us to discuss how we may be able to help your organization or partner with you.